This is me.

This is me.
Best Friends Ever

Monday, February 15, 2010

My Birthday!

I turned 22 in Costa Rica last week! It was fun to see what their traditions are here. The one that I experienced that was different was eating the cake. After they sing Happy Birthday, the perthday person has to take a bite of the cake. I gathered that many times people push your face into the cake because they kept saying that they wouldn't push me. Then the birthday person cuts the cake. It was fun to have my birthday with my family here. We ate cake before dinner! They thought that was funny too. The ladies in the kitchen here in La Tirimbina made a white cake with peaches on it. In between the cake layers there were slices of peaches, then on top of the icing there were more peaches. It was really good! The icing here is yummy, I havenot have bad icing since I've been here. The onely cake that was dry was chocolate cake, which I dipped into coffee. :)
I drink coffee every morning for breakfast, and sometimes in the afternoon or later in the mornings too. A person that doesn't drink coffee is considered strange here.
I just bought some green tea yesterday and I told my mom that she could have some and she said her pants would fall off of her if she drank it. :) I don't know if that was just an excuse because she doesn't like tea, or what, but I thought it was funny. People here are pretty indirect about refusing things here.

No comments:

Post a Comment