This is me.

This is me.
Best Friends Ever

Monday, February 1, 2010

My Family!

So I haven't told you about my family at all...Sorry! That are amazing! We live in about a 5 minute walk from La Tirimbina, where I have my classes. My papi, Cheo, works here at Tirimbina as a foreman for maintenance and he is a guard at night. He works all the time! He is really nice and loves his family so much. My madre here, Marlene, is really sweet. She is a housewife now, but used to owrk here at Tirimbina as a housekeeper. She and I get to have some good conversations, which is really fun. she is a really strong truster of Jesus. It seems that her motto is "Necesita confiar en Dios" (You need to trust in God). I love talking to her. She now sews for Tirimbina and keeps busy taking care of my hermano and hermana, Edward and Cindi. Edward is 20. . He is really sweet and we play checkers and he always wins and we all watch Doña Barbara together, a soap opera that comes on every night at 6. We also watch fútbol sometimes. He is obsessed with it! He and Cindi I think have Muscular distrophy, so he is in a wheelchair and she wears brases on her legs. Cinci is 14 and is the typical girl who texts her friends and cousins all the time. She is on "summer" vacation now and goesn't go back to school until next week I think, so she is missing her friends because they live a ways away. We painted our nails together last Thursday night and laughed so hard at me not being able to say Spanish words. :) It was really fun. My who family is really patient with me with my Spanish and they speak to me slowly so I can understand what they are saying. The nephew of Cheo, Eric or Eddy (I don't know...they sound the same.), spends it seems like half the nights of the week at our house. He is a guard at Tirimbina, and when he works he stays at our house. He is really fun and is always whistling and singing, which is great to liven up the house.
I went to church with my madre and hermano and Elle two sundays ago and it was an amazing experience! The church family is so caring, especially for Edward. They really love eachother well and love the Lord. It was really fun to sing worship songs in Spanish. There are a few songs that they sing that we also sing in the states. Of course I couldn't remember the English words at the time, but it was cool. It was such a great feeling! I am really excited to go back again!
Hopefully I'll take pictures soon of my family and post them on here so you can see their beautiful faces!
I am going through a bought of missing family and friends right now...I'm feeling like I'm missing out on life at home. But I know that this is where I'm supposed to be and it is a great experience here. I just have to keep "confiando en Dios" as my madre here always says. :) He is so good!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to play you in checkers when you get back- I'm sure with all the skills you are forming you could beat anyone! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed church in Costa Rica- that is such a blessing to be able to praise God in a different country. Its so sweet that children of God are all over the world! write me sometime! love you!

    ReplyDelete