This is me.

This is me.
Best Friends Ever

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Made It!

I wrote this last night...

So, we made it! We got into Tirimbina last night at 12:30am. On the ride from Miami to San Jose I got to talk to Elle, one of the girls that is on the trip. She is great and is a close follower of Jesus. We are embarking on a 90 Read through the Bible Challenge. I am so excited that I will have fellowship down here. God is so gracious!

The two hour drive from the airport to La Virgen was rainy and foggy. I have no idea how the bus driver could see. J Today we have been getting acclimated and having orientation meetings. The rainforest is beautiful and the rain is plentiful. I leave to go meet my family very soon. We are taking shifts in trips in the van to our houses with our luggage. The town is small with two to three thousand people, so it will be fun to experience real life in Costa Rica. We have heard that many people do not interact with people outside of Costa Rica and the families we are saying with know no English! So it will be fun to teach each other about our cultures.

We got to walk around Tirimiba the afternoon. We walked across an 800 ft. suspension bridge over the raging Rio de Sarapiqui. It has been raining here for a week, so it was really high. It was great to see a glimpse of what we might see tomorrow when we get to do the Chocolate Tour that Tirimbina offers. It is the most popular tour for visitors here. Until next time…

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment